Bone Broth Recipe
- Place bones into a large stock pot or crock pot and cover with water.
- Add two tablespoons of apple cider vinegar to water prior to cooking. This helps to pull out important nutrients from the bones.
- Fill stock pot with filtered water. Leave plenty of room for water to boil.
- Add optional ingredients to taste: mineral salt, pepper, turmeric, 2 bay leaves, onions, garlic cloves, rosemary, parsley, celery, carrots
- Heat slowly. Bring to a boil and then reduce heat to simmer for at least six hours. Remove scum as it arises.
- Continue to cook on low heat. Chicken bones can cook for 24 hours. Beef bones can cook for 24-48 hours. A low and slow cook time is necessary in order to fully extract the nutrients in and around the bone.